About us: The History of RefineCatch
- We are one of the most experienced typesetting companies in the UK, with a host of talented typesetters, production staff, and a team of experienced and motivated managers. This includes the founders of the company – David Balls, Malcolm Balls and Kevin Eaton – who are now in directorial positions.
- RefineCatch has followed the development of the typesetting industry since the 1960s, with director and co-founder Malcolm Balls playing a major role in the development of the first commercially operable computerised typesetting system in the UK.
- RefineCatch bought DLxml, which was a locally-run database management company. This created new opportunities for using content management systems alongside database-generated material.
- DatIX became RefineCatch Limited, retaining the same premises and workforce.
- The founders set up the typesetting company DatIX. Having worked in the industry since the 1960s, they added invaluable experience to a brand new company.
Our Suffolk roots
We are based in the picturesque and historic market town of Bungay, in north Suffolk. This small town is steeped in printing history, mostly by our neighbours Clays, who have kept Bungay on the map for over 200 years by designing, printing and binding books on-site.
We are very proud to be part of such a bustling community like Bungay. Having incredible small shops, locally-owned businesses and some friendly competition on our doorstep makes the office a fun and dynamic place to work.
For more information on where the company is headed in the future, click here.